101 Interesting Facts about India that you should not miss. 1. India, a beautiful peninsula in the Asian continent is the largest democracy in the world. India gained independence from the British regime on 15th August, 1947 and framed the constitution on 26th January 1950. 2. Mahatma Gandhi who was originally known as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi led the non-violence movement and succeeded in his mission to obtain freedom from the British rule. Hence, he is called ‘The father of the nation”. 3. India is the only multilingual, multi religion and multicultural country with all its citizens living under one roof … read more…
Can you believe a man in India carved 360 foot tunnel by himself for 22 years from 1960 to 1982? Dashrath Majhi ‘s wife died due to the lack of medical facilities in his village in Bihar. The nearby hospital was 70 km away from their village. Dashrath Majhi started carving a tunnel after the death of his wife so that it doesn’t happen to others. This man brought a national acclaim when he brought down the distance between Atri and Wazirganj blocks of the Gaya district from 75 km to 1 km. When he passed away in 2007, he … read more…
Genghis Khan also called as Chinggis khan was the founder of the Mongol empire that had the largest contiguous empire in the world history. Genghis Khan united many nomadic tribes under Mongol empire and attacked many empires ruthlessly. The Mongol invasions are known for their large scale massacres of civilian population. It is estimated that Genghis Khan and his Mongol empire had killed more than 40 million people during their era. No other empire or a person including Hitler could hold candle to the massacre that Genghis Khan has done. The Mongolian empire occupied most of the China to Eastern Europe … read more…
Interesting English Facts
- ‘Dreamt’ is the ONLY WORD in the entire English language that ends with the letters “mt”
- CRWTH is a word with no vowels in it
- The dot above the letter “i” or “j” is called TITTLE
- Bookkeeper is the only word in the English language that has three letters in a row that repeats
- ‘Typewriter’ is the longest English word that can be made by using only one row of a keyboard
If you enjoy the English Facts listed above, please spread the word.
Some useful facts worth knowing.
- A person has literally died laughing continuously for about 20 minutes
- Grapes explode when it’s heated in the microwave
- Some older model cordless phones automatically dial 911 when their batteries are dying
If you enjoy these useful facts, please spread the word
- There is actually a town in Canada called DILDO – Charlie Chaplin once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest and didn’t even make it to the finals – In West Virginia if you run over an animal, you are legally allowed to take it home and cook it – The smallest Penis ever recorded was 1cm in length – Jim Fixx is the man who started the trend of jogging and ironically he died of a heart attack while jogging People who laugh more are much healthier than those who don’t, so don’t forget to laugh or atleast smile after … read more…
30 interesting facts that you may not have heard before. – Muhammad is the most common name in the world. – Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump. - Oyster can change its gender. – 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321. – Jellyfish is 95% water. – After Sun and Moon, Venus is the brightest object in the sky. – There is a Town or City or a County named Lincoln in every state in the United States. – 2% of the world population has red hair. – Chewing gums while peeling onions will keep you from crying. – Chewing Gum … read more…
The Guinness record for maximum number of non-stop pushups was 10,507. It was set by Minoru Yoshida of Japan in October 1980.
Yoshida’s record was the last record in this category of Guinness world records, ever since then a new category “Most Push-ups in 24 Hours” was introduced. The current Guinness record for most push-ups in 24 hours is by Charles Servizio (USA) who completed 46,001 push-ups in just 21 hours, 6 minutes on 1993, April 24 to 25.
You can’t hum with your nose shut.
Ok, now seriously how many of you tried humming with your nose closed after reading this fact.
Many cats generally fall from high story buildings due to the syndrome called “high-rise syndrome”. Cats think that the windows are the path to freedom and fall from windows. Studies done on cats have shown that 90% cats survive with just injuries, when they fall from multi story buildings. Researchers claim that cats reach terminal velocity at about 5 or 6 stories after which they tend to relax and the force is evenly distributed on its body leading to fewer injuries. There are chances that some cats may have severe injuries like Chest trauma and fractures. So if you are … read more…